Tuesday 25 February 2014

Beautiful Botanical...................

Hi there,

Well I picked up a pad by Craftwork cards called "Botanica" from The Artistic Stamper in Faversham recently. It is out of stock at the moment, but you can get a kit from Ali-craft!

It is beautiful, lovely colours and some of the pages are foiled as well, giving it an added dimension, so for a couple of days it sat in the hut, waiting for me to use it on a project, finally inspiration hit me and I created this.





Sorry for the shadow, perils of light at night!

The base is a chipboard Tag, from Ali-Craft, now I have not been able to find them on the website, but I am sure if you give Ali a call, she will be able to send some out to you.


I covered the tag with Gesso, two good coats covered it nicely, then I painted the front of the tag with Claret Fresco paint by Paper artsy, let dry then applied a scraping of the crackle medium, also by Paper Artsy. Then I painted over the top a coat of Fresco in Nougat and waited for the magic to begin! a good blast with my heat gun, ensured the paint was completely dry before I went onto the next stage.

I took a verse stamp from Paper Artsy ELB05 set and stamped in versamark, then heat embossed using Wow embossing powder in Pepper.

Then I adhered a sheet of the Botanica paper, to the bottom half of the tag and trimmed to fit, smoothing off the edges with a sanding block. Once I was sure it was nice and dry, I inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain.


View of the edges.



I then took a mask, and applied Antique Linen Distress ink to the patterned paper.

Masked area.


Then I stamped using a speckle stamp by Tim Holtz all around the edges in Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain. Using some lace from my local haberdashers, I created a ruffle band and then adhered a strip of Pearl trim to cover the raw edge.

Ruffled Lace and Pearl Trim


As a final couple of touches I added Treasure Gold around the edges and a UTEE heart made with Pale Pink UTEE and then covered in Treasure Gold and buffed till nice and shiny in places, where it did not wear off! as I was polishing it.


Distressed Heart...........






Thank you for popping by, I hope you enjoyed today's project

Happy Crafting,

Barbara xxx









2 comments:

Please leave a comment, I love reading them. Thank you x