Saturday 23 March 2013

Been playing again.......

Well, woke up this morning to snow on the ground. Where is spring I'd like to know?

Anyway, back to the title of this post " I have been playing again. I have been playing with a product called "Kroma Crackle" (Click on the name and it will take you to a direct link to the product.)


Now I know there are many different products on the market that creates a crackled effect, for example Rock Candy Clear Crackle by Ranger, Paper Artsy Crackle Glaze just to name a couple.

Now I have used both of the a fore mentioned products and had great success with them. I have found that they both have slightly different results, which in a good way, means I can have different types of crackle effect on my projects.

Kroma Crackle comes in a tube, it is fairly runny, and you can mix it with acrylic paints to change the colour.





I love this product, and I can see myself using it more often, the only down side is the drying time, I applied the Crackle medium to my MDF heart and it took 3 days to dry! I did not use a heat gun, I will have a try later on, just to see if that will speed the process up.


I do recommend sealing it after it has dried, I used some watered down Decoupage Matt by Deco Art you can purchase this from The artistic Stamper I have linked to her shop, but I think you may have to call her as I cannot find it on her site, I know she has it in her shop.


Well I guess after all that I aught to show you what I made, using the Kroma Crackle.

Here it is....................


Crackled Heart






Impression Obsession Spiral  Flowers


Close up of the Crackle Effect, highlighted with the gold gilding wax.

Close up of the stamped Label.






 I have used the following products on this Heart.


MDF Heart
Kroma Crackle
Deco Art Paint in Antique White (from my stash)
Impression Obsession "Spiral Flowers"
Impression Obsession "Leaf Cluster"
Wow embossing Powder in Rich Gold
Memory Box Die (discontinued sorry I do not know it's name)
Tim Holtz "Simple Sayings"
Gold Gilding wax
Seed Beads from my Cross Stitching Stash

Happy Crafting

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them. Thank you x